Thursday 29 December 2011

Ombak Windu

After so many cancellations to watch this movie at the movies with my girlfriends, I finally got the chance to watch it. Somehow, this movie made it's way to 'Youtube' , so I grabbed the chance to watch this movie of the year.
I wanted to see what "Ombak Rindu" is all about. I wanted to see if it's sad love story, just as so many has claimed it to be. I also wanted to watch it because, I'm a huge fan of Aaron Aziz, Lisa Surihani, and Maya Karin.

I'm not going to give a movie review, because I know that I'm not a good reviewer, and there's probably hundreds of reviews out there about this movie. So I don't want to waste my time writing a movie review.

I don't normally watch malay movies, because :

  1. All malay movies have more or less likely the same plot line.
  2. It's always the same actors on the silver screen.
When the movie was first promoted, I got quite excited to watching this movie. Why? Well first because they had such great line of local actors in this movie. They had Aaron Aziz, Lisa Surihani, and  Maya Karin as the stars that starred in this movie. 
Aaron Aaziz and Maya Karin played their role well. Miss Lisa Surihani on the other hand played the wrong role. Seriously...Mr Ombak Rindu director why did you choose her? She so does not suit to play a spoilt, man obsessive bitch. The role does not suit her. She has a pure innocent girl next door look. She shouldn't have played the role of Mila. They could have at least chosen people like Fasha Sandha, Nur Fazura, or Nora Danish.

 Lisa Surhani? Na ah!
She can't act as the villain. She's way too cute for that.

Another actor that shouldn't have played the role of 'ibu' was Azizah Mahzan. Every malay movie that I've watched, she's there. Seriously. I'm sure there are hundreds of veteran actors that are as good as her. She also needs to learn to cover her self properly. It was quite a turn off having to watch her show the  body parts that shouldn't be showing.

Talking about turn off, there were quite a lot of it  in this movie. First off, there were too many "sex scenes". I was quite surprised that the censorship board didn't rate this movie. It should've been rated 18SX. There way too many hugging, and almost kissing scenes, and scenes where they almost had sex. Not good for kids under 18 to watch. Malay movies are getting more daring I must say.

This movie was suppose to make people cry. Well it failed to make me cry. I almost cried. But I didn't. To me it was not as gempak as people has been saying. It was just blah, but okay.

I must say, Kudos to the actors that did a superb job in making this movie successful.

I've watched the movie, now I'm going to read the book. Well, I've to polish my bahasa first before reading the book.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio