Sunday 25 December 2011

Who would've known?

Aminah Munirah, had conquered all her fears during an intensive training last week.

As part of teacher's training, I was told to go to FRIM. Scared and the feeling of nervousness were running all through me. I had no idea what was in store for me that day.

There were lots of people doing tai qi on that morning. It was pretty exciting thing to watch. I waited for the queen to arrive. Whilst waiting for her, my friends and I decided to go up to the waterfall.

The sounds of the water falling from the rocks, the birds chirping, and the insects singing were peaceful. I just love that nature makes in the green forest. I could just lie down, shut my eyes and sleep for hours here. But I couldn't. We all sat, posed in front of the cameras, and listened to nature's music in silence. We sat in silence for half an hour, before the queen bee arrived and gave briefing to us on our upcoming adventure in the forest.

She briefed us on what to do, and where to go. She handed a map to us, and told us to navigate ourselves using the map. She wanted us to work as a group, meaning that no one gets left behind, and to make sure that every body sticks together, and no one gets lost of collapsed during the course of the training.

So off we went. Seven ladies in tracksuits and shoes, all nervous to go in the forest all alone. I was nervous because I didn't think I had enough stamina to walk and climb more than 500 meters high of mountain.
I walked up my normal pace and managed to get to the top of the hill in half an hour.

That's right baby! I managed to walk a 3 km trail and climbed a 500 meters mountain in half an hour. I walked on a suspension bridge that was hanging 30 meters high from the ground without scream. I was actually terrified when I walked on the bridge. The creaking sound that the bridge made every step I took on it freaked me out. And the fact that I'm a bit scared of heights. But I managed to walk on it, without looking down, and I kept telling myself that I could do it.

Alhamdullilah, I did it.

After the terrified walk on the bridge, I had to walk down the hill which was another 500 meters down. Walking down was worse than climbing up. The ground was slippery and muddy. The rocks were big and were blocking the paths. The rivers that I had to pass, was no easy task. But I cleared my mind, took off the fears and just went with the flow.
In half an hour, I made it to the finishing line.

I was proud of myself. Never in my life, had I thought that I'd hike in forest, go through a river, without falling and hurting myself.

That day I discovered that I can actually do things if I set my mind to doing it and  throwing all the fears away.

So world I'm ready to do more hiking and have more adventure with nature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio