Wednesday 25 January 2012

Vacation in Pictures-Songklah and Hat Yai.

I spent my CNY holidays in Thailand. It was an awesome 4 days break for me. I spent time with my family and a friend who came to stay with us. 
I'm not going to write much about it. Instead I'm going to put it in pictures. Hope yous like it.

Here we go....

Bismillah....

After cold and horrendous 12 hour ride in the bus, we finally arrived in Hat Yai. The city was decorated with CNY stuff. They were already to welcome the new CNY.
Hat Yai City all ready to welcome CNY.


The dragon in the middle of the city
 1. First Trip: Tang Kuan Hill. 
This is located write infront of the Malaysian Consulate. It's a tourist hotspot. And the place is full of monkeys. The venue is basically a temple that's opened to tourists. Beautiful place to visit.
View of the awesome beach from Tang Kuan Hill

Me and Ilham Posing

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Sign board of Tang Kuan hill

The Buddha at the venue


Songkhlah from the Top.

Don't mind me

The dragons that guard the red house. 

The red house that's similiar to the one in Malacca
 2. Second Trip: Some jetty with a dragon head and statue of a hero. 
The dragon that guards the city.

I believe he's a hero in Songkhla. Couldn't read the history because it was in Thai. 
 3. Third trip-Songklah Aquarium
The entrance fee here is 200 Baht for adults and 150 Baht for children. It's good place to visit if you love fish that is. The place is not that big, but I dare say it's bigger than Aquaria, and is definitely cheaper. And there's less crowd in there. If you have kids, bring them here because I guarantee you they'll love it here. :)
Can YOU spot the fish?

"I live in an anemone." -Finding Nemo.

I didn't understand why that had to dress the poor turtle up? Kesian dia...
 4.Fourth Trip-Sunset by the beach
Since the beach is the backyard at my mum's place, I decided to hang out there just to kill time. I love spending sunset by the beach, and just daydream when I'm alone. But since I had company that time, I bought a kite, and decided to give it a go since I've never really played it.
But what do you know? It was fun. It was seriously fun.
Bring the in child out in me.

Couldn't resist playing layang layang during sunset by the beach.

Our layang layang turned out to be cacat. It gave up on us after a round of playing.

"Hidup di dunia umpama layang-layang di langit takdir. Kita terbang tinggi, rendah, dekat , jauh hanya di lembayu IradatNya. Kita akan terus terbang selagi ada angin dibekalkan, selagi kertas tidak koyak, selagi rangka masih kukuh. Tapi apabila tali telah putus, turunlah dengan Redha, kita tidak berhak untuk terus terbang sekiranya maut jemput pulang." -My new fave quote.
 5. Fifth Trip-Shopping at Hat Yai
We all went to teman my friend to Hat Yai to buy her souvenirs. After spending hours there, I finally came across this cute adorable bag.


I bought a new bag from Hat Yai. I couldn't resist it. I just love elephants. 
 6. Sixth Trip- Dinner at Maroc
8 Kids (yes I'm a kid too) plus my parents went to have dinner at one of Hat Yai rare western food restaurant. The service was okay. The food was blagh. Drink was also blagh. I didn't complain, because I was still bersyukur because I still have food to refuel my body. Alhamdullilah.
The menu at Maroc. 


Misspelled word:They put crap instead of crab.

10 Hungry Malaysians.

My drink. Apple in Soda water. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

chicken steak.It was bland, and the proportion was too small for me. 
 7. Seventh Trip-Lantern Festival
After dinner, we went to Hat Yai's lantern festival. I was very disappointed at this year's festival. It was empty compared to last year. I didn't take much photo, because there was nothing to snap.
♥ Elephant ♥

♥ 

I still dream of being a princess. Hahaha...

Jiran baru kami. ♥
Trip to Thailand was okay. But it could've been better if the roads weren't block. FYI the Thai princess was in town for visit. Thus she blocked all the main roads, and resulted us to staying home. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio