Monday 16 July 2012

A Moment To Remember

A couple of ago, I went to my first ever islamic seminar. The best part was it an all girls seminars. Yes, it was just for Muslimahs only. I was excited. What was more exciting, was that the speakers were Oki Setiana Dewi and Wardina Safiyyah.

The seminar was all about their turning point of life to being a Muslimah. It was an inspirational talk. I mean just like me, Wardina was pretty rebellious towards her family and Islam. But she said the joy that you feel in life only happens for a few minutes or hours it does not last for eternity. So she decided to tobat and turned to Allah. She went back learned back the basics of Islam.

OSD on the other hand, decided to be a wonderful Muslimah because of her mum. Her mum had a rare disease, and was uncurable, and she didn't have money to hospitalised her mum, so she decided to leave the life of her mum to Allah, and made a promise to Him, that if her mum gets better she will keep the hijab on her head. MasyaAllah, Him being the greatest cured her mum, and she kept her promise.

Their stories were inspirational, but sayang the penganjur had to cut their stories short. I was a bit disappointed. But all in all, I learnt from these two inspirational speakers that:
  1. Choose your role model wisely.
  2. Make the quran your bestfriend :- I'm trying to make it my bestfriend. I'm trying to read the quran daily, and understand each verse that I read. 
  3. To be a good Muslimah : one must be knowledgeable, attend Usrah group (I'm trying to find one for myself) and attend seminars.
Well that's just about it. It was a short but a memorable seminar. And I am trying my best to change and be a better Muslimah. InsyaAllah.

Jazakallah Khair

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio