Monday 16 July 2012

Being Me

Second seminar I attended was "Being Me" under Mercy. Just like the first one, this was only for Muslimahs. This actually was unplanned thing. I saw it on the net, tapi tak ambil pot at first. And than as time goes by, my heart wanted to go, but there were few halangans like duit, and transport. The place was far from home. And plus my school had an event that day. So I couldn't go.

And as the time came nearer, I heard the place was a full house, that there was no more tickets left, only premium tickets. I was disapointed, tapi niat to go was still there. And at the same time, my boss bought 2 extra tickets for her friends. Again I was disappointed sebab tak boleh pergi.

A few days later I got a memo from my boss stating that whoever wants to go, just tell her she can give free ticket. Alhamdullilah. I was happy. I quickly informed her. Right after my event I went with a colleague, upon arrival we bumped into Sharifah Sofia (who btw has started wearing the hijab, MasyaAllah), and my boss forgot our tickets.

I was disappointed again. Seeing my face, she quickly took her daughter's tag and her colleague punye tag and gave it to me and my colleague. And she told us to just masuk. So we did, and they didn't even check. Spent 10 hours at the seminar. And it was worth every hour spent.

The things I learnt was:


  1.  don't be too attach to the material world.
  2. what is the first and last thing that comes to mind when you sleep? (a thought to ponder)
  3. what that the first thing that comes to mind? (a thought to ponder?)
  4. always remember the quran is the manual to life.
  5. don't waste food. you'll be questioned.  Did you know, K.L wastes 900 tone of food everyday. 
  6. Help the poor, if you don't, you'll be questioned.
The speakers were from all over the world. There was also muslimah rewards. One reward that touched my heart was a reward to novelist. She's blind but has written many novels. 

From the first time in a long time, I actually felt secure and safe. And I was actually happy, maybe because I was surrounded by only Muslims that was friendly.

Mission for this year during ramadan is to do a lot of charity work. InsyaAllah.

Jazakallah Khair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio